To change your dial-up number in Windows ME/2000/98 follow the steps below
1. Click on the 'Start' button.
2. Click on “Settings”, then “Control Panel” .
3. Click on the 'Internet Options' icon and select the 'Connection' or 'Connections' at the top of the window that opens.
4. You will see a 'Settings' button in the middle of this page. Click this button. Note: Windows 2000/ME users may first need to select their dial-up connection in a list before selecting 'Settings'.
5. On the screen that opens, click the 'Properties' button. On the properties page you will see your current dial-up number. Change this number to your new number -- don't forget the area code!